Friday, April 3, 2009

Dungeon Mastering Is Not Easy

It is Friday, we play again on Tuesday!

On top of that I ordered my computer parts last night at 3am and now that is all I can think about. I did pick out a cheaper GPU and a more expensive CPU, but that is all I changed. Also last night I was considering buying EQ 2 you can get all the expansions and the game for 28$ but I think I should try the free trial first.

So I can not focus at all today!!!!!

Currently my players are in an underground city that seems to have been abandoned mysteriously. They have encountered a cryptic wizard who is trying to figure out what happened to the city and he has tasked them with venturing into a tower at the city's center.

They are mostly fighting the city's malfunctioning security system, it summons creatures that seem to be illusions but are physical. And they just reached the base of the tower.

My current frustration is mapping out the tower itself with out making the exploration boring and the battles. They are searching for artifacts for the wizard too (he is looking for something to unlock the tower he is in).

So the players will find evidence that whatever happened to the city it was self inflicted by a group if its citizens. They will also find evidence of a struggle, parts of the tower destroyed.

When they reach the top of it one of the characters will be destroyed in an event. (Actually the character I run) The Dragonborn Paladin. He will be interfaced with the city itself. And through him it will speak to them. They will learn that Dr. Bannon who they have all agreed upon finding and bringing to justice was there. He had been in the very room where he appropriated a dragonborn skeleton and took a sample of the blue water that flows through the city.

lol So there is this huge gap betwen the top floor where the Paladin is killed and the foot of the tower. I only have one floor mapped out and I am going to work on more now. Rambling about it helps though I swear. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment