Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm all over the damn place...

D&D went well on Tuesday. The party did not get far, they like to socialize as much as adventure. But I am pleased with their reaction to the tower. They were mystified by the blue orb that transported them, and intrigued by the interior of the tower. (Though they have yet to figure out it's nature. The floor they are on is actually very mundane.)

I reinstated my wow account. God that was a bit of a mistake. Now I will never accomplish anything when I can mindlessly run around Azeroth believing I am fulfilling something... Why is that game so addictive?

So when I am not playing Half Life 2, Bioshock or WoW I am trying to learn how to model in Lightwave. And it is so hard! The controls are really damn particular. Like if you select a group of points clockwise or counter clockwise it will affect which direction the frickin surface will show up. And I really wish that it would just do both and save me some god damn time.

And of course I try starting on the head of the Mobile Suit I want to create and I like start on the main camera's housing and then fail...

I want to eventually do what Sandrum does, http://anaheimmachines.blogspot.com/ His work is amazing no matter how much he depreciates it. Sure having a grasp on lightwave really helps, but what he does is just art.

I really want to model these mobile suits:

F90
I really like the Fix Figuration version of this, but this mobile suit is just cool with all of the options

F90 II
The long range version of this is really hot...

F91
This was one of my first UC kits and I have always loved this MS

RX-99
The Neo Gundam with its' huge G-BIRD gun

RXF-91\A
Anaheim's knock off the F91, I fell in love when I got the model

F90-Y
It screams support Gundam, plus it still has all it's hard points (though it doesn't have any parts for them of it's own) I want to start with this one

RGM-109
The vastly understated Heavy Gun (I LOVE YOU BERTO!!!)

RGM-111
The Hardy Gun, it is beautiful and deadly looking and ready for mass production

F71
The clunky cannon from F91 I want to try to make it look better :P

So once i get more practice and I do not feel embarrassed of something I create in Lightwave it will be up here. Don't hold your breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment